Thursday, February 9, 2012

Eloise Rose

She is here!! I woke up crampy on December 28th. Didn't think much of it. I had a dr apt at 2 and tried to call out sick from it but Dr. Avants insisted I come in anyway and I'm glad she did or Miss Eloise would have been born at home or on the side of the freeway. As soon as she checked me she said oh my goodness your 6cm dilated and you need to go to the hospital now. So off I went...
Two hours later (5:38pm)
Eloise came into the world. 7lbs 4oz, 19inches. She was beautiful and so sweet. As soon as I held her she was so content. She looked at me and cooed. She didn't cry at all. She was so peaceful.
I had my aunt Kathy with me and My sister in law. My kids were also with me up until push time. Conrad was very concerned with the whole process and was a great little daddy. Asking me every few minutes if I was okay giving me kisses and just very nervous for me. I'm glad they were all in the room to help me get thru it. I did it all natural this time and I'm glad I did. Contractions were a piece of cake. But pushing was so horrible I don't think I'll ever do that again...not without an epidural anyway.
Eloise was amazing and healthy and we got to go home the next day with clean bills of health. She ate like a champ and slept even better!! So calm and content with the world. An amazing little baby and a wonderful addition to our home.

No comments: