Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1st Day of School

Yesterday was Kylie's first day of school and Conrad started his second year at preschool.  Conrad was excited to see his friends again and he was happy to have his sister there. He said he would be a good big brother and take good care of sister for me. I love that he is such a loving and attentive brother, I don't think I'll ever have to worry about Kylie while big brother is around. Kylie was excited too! Every morning over the past year when we drop brother off at school she cries so hard for him and she always tries to get onto the playground to play with all the kids. I knew she was ready but I wasn't sure how she would be once she realized I wasn't going to stay with her.  I was also worried about them being in the same classroom but in different classes. I knew she would be trying to be with brother on his side of the room the whole time and I was right!
I pulled up to pick them up a half an hour early so I could watch them eat lunch outside. After Kylie was done eating her lunch she got up and tried to make her way over to brothers table and stopped to talk to another little boy on the way. Lord help me, she is already talking to boys! Then she disappeared into the sea of kids and I heard her scream and cry but I couldn't see her. Then I saw her teacher pick her up and another teacher come over and take a little boy to an empty bench for a time out and she said " you don't push the little babies!" Awe, my poor baby girl bullied by a big boy on her first day. I almost broke down and sobbed in the car and I said a little prayer that she never encounters a bully again. I decided I couldn't watch her cry anymore and went in to pick them up.



First day of School!!


All ready to go and YES she insisted on bringing Snow White!


Big Brother helping her hang up her lunch box.



She went right out to play with the other kids no problem!



They survived the first day! She was kinda mad at me I think. hehehe


When I went into Kylie's class to get her I think every single kid was crying or screaming. The teacher said that almost all of the kids were new or had just moved over from the nursery into her class and everyone was still adjusting. Poor thing, the teacher that is! I don't know if i could deal with all those crying two year olds!! The report is Kylie did great but she did cry a lot. She kept trying to get over to her brother and cried almost every time she saw him. She said she LOVED to paint. My little girl loves to color and Ive never let her paint before so I bet she was in heaven! I cant wait to see all her pictures she comes home with so I can hang them with her brothers art. Conrad had a great time playing with his friends all day. He told me he was sad because he tried to play with his sister all day and he couldn't. I asked Kylie is she had fun and made new friends and she said "yea!" She said "YEA" to all 20 questions I asked her until I said "Do you want to go back?" To which she replied without hesitation "uh-uh, NO!" I hope tomorrow is a better day for her and she doesnt have such a bad day.
We went to Yogurtland after school for a special treat and then we went home to watch the new Tinkerbell movie that i bought for a first day of school treat.


Going to get frozen yogurt and she wanted to bring her lunch box ("purse") with her. She looks like such  big girl, it breaks my heart.












This boy is always mixing up his food and cooking something else with it. He was making a chocolate gummy bear water drink. mmm...


He enjoyed it, while I was trying not to gag.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That outfit is SPECTACULAR! She's a little DOLLY! LOVE that yogurt mix EWWW!

Team Airhart said...

They are too cute! Love that little dress! And love how you paired it with the leggings!

Unknown said...

That pillowcase dress is so cute!!
I just wanted to thank you for joining my blog.
http://www.couturiermommy.com/